Sunday, August 2, 2009

Hello =]

So I was against making a crafting blog since I dont really have much to say and I havent really made much just yet... but I figured, why not? I could write about my struggles with taking up crafts!

Those of you who read my personal blog, probably have already heard this.

When I was younger, I always wanted to be crafty and I just... failed. At anything and everything having to do with art or crafts or anything. I remember spending weeks on making my own slippers with fabric. And I had glitters and stuff on it, but they fell apart =(. I remember trying to make bead necklaces and t-shirts and all sorts of things! I remember trying to draw and even now, til this day, I suck at drawing. I started graphic designing and its... eh, it could be a lot better. But then again, we always judge ourselves harshly, right?

Truth is, I'm not an artist. Not even a little bit. I'm a writer. Writing is my passion, my talent. But I dont want it to end just there. I always have this intense drive to be creative, even if I suck at it. And even though I come up with these great idea's in my head, its hard to get them out looking like what I see in my head.

My boyfriend says that I jump forward to fast. I tend to skip the learning process and I want to get straight into the pro status. And I need to slow down, I need to start from step 1 instead of step finished. True, I'm impatient but maybe he's on to something! lol.

So I figure, why not write about my struggles as well. Maybe some day I can look back at this blog and think wow, did I suck that bad at one point? Man, that was a great learning experience.

So, welcome to my crafts blog you guys. I'm not going to promise that it'll be update as much or as often as my personal or my beauty blog, but it will be here when I need to curse and scream and wonder and plot. And to share my creations with you. They wont be extreme or amazing but please, be friendly about it =] haha.

1 comments:

Dana Yoshimizu said...

Well I can't wait for more updates on your crafting! :) & I really hope to see pictures of what you make ;D

& I finally leaked out the surprise I've been hiding, I've been doing some crafting myself for a while too.
http://sistercharms.blogspot.com/