Friday, August 14, 2009

For Audrey.

My bestie has a weird sense of style. By weird I mean, something I wouldnt wear/put together/think of. So we were talking one day and she mentioned how cool it would be to make a necklace out of like fishing wire so you dont see the chain and it would look like the pendent would be "floating" on you. I thought that was kinda weird and might be uncomfortable (but it might just be me, I dont like wearing jewelry for long periods of time, especially necklaces, I have a habit of moving them around a lot). So I came up with a solution to that.



Aquamarine Starfish Swarovski crystal + star chain + star toggle.


I did the fishing wire/beading wire necklace part (I know its not really made to hold a necklace so hopefully she doesnt tug on this!!) then I put a star chain on the area that's suppose to behind your neck for more comfort and of course with my OCD, I just had to finish it with a star toggle.



Taking pictures of this was hard since its on a clear wire and it doesnt show up well. But here's what the whole thing looks like, again, I know the wire is hard to see. I was hoping the dark colors of the book cover would help... but, nope.



And just because I like taking pictures of things. I cant get over how pretty this crystal is!


If you're interested in one of those, please do let me know. You're free to change the color and shape of the crystal as well =).

2 comments:

Xdeathx said...

oOooOoo, sooooooo pretty!!!

izumi said...

love how it floats :D very original.