Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Crystal searching.

I got two new shipments of crystals that came in late last week and I had a few things in mind but I also bought some stuff yesterday. I was wondering, when those of you who make jewelry what things to you put into consideration when you're searching for crystals? Do you buy whatever looks cute? Or do you have a certain project in mind when you buy your crystals? Sometimes I do both, or sometimes something will kinda put itself together while I'm there, but a lot of the time I buy things that I think are cute and I get home an I have nothing to pair it with! Grrr.

I had a few Fall idea's in mind (like I've been mentioning over and over again) and now that I have the crystals I totally forgot what I had in mind!! Haha. I hate when that happens. I usually write it down, but sometimes I forget to write down the details. I usually just write down the supplies which sometimes, are no help at all. I kinda just wish I had a bigger selection of things to work with, which I dont since jewelry making isnt exactly cheap.

Also! When you make bracelets, what do you use? I have wire but I dont know if that's the right thing to use? A friend of mine asked me to make her a bracelet and I have no idea what to use to hold it all together.

Hopefully I think of something new today, I need to put some new things out. And I'm having a mini jewelry sale (as in 2 items lol) or I might just wait til my new stuff comes out. Havent really decided just yet...

2 comments:

Tina said...

oOo nice! Can't wait to see your awesomeness! lol :D

mayaari said...

I tend to shop for what I need first, and end up picking up cute/pretty things while shopping for supplies...so I have a LOT of beads, but half-planned drawings/ideas to work off of, haha.

For bracelets, you can use chain, or beading wire to string beads, or even stretchy cord (I can't remember the name, but it's a clear, flexible string) to make a bracelet without a clasp. there are probably other ways to make bracelets, but those are the 3 that I know of.