Friday, September 11, 2009

Marie - 1 ; Wire - 3.

Spent the day attempting to wire wrap again. And again, the wire won. Not only did the wire win but I also managed to crack my glass leaf bead. Didnt look good, at all. But hey at least now I know they're shatter-able. Yeah, I know, it shoulda been a given (glass bead) but I'm just trying to make myself feel better!!

I got the Disney inspired charms in and now that I have them (and have spent a crap load of time staring at them) I completely forgot what I had in mind. A lot of the things I planned to do with them requires me to wire wrap. Oh come on! I'm gonna have to learn this sooner or later!! Might as well just suck it up and make it sooner.

I've been watching a ton of videos and reading a bunch of books and some how I still just dont get it! Then again I learn better if someone is actually showing me, in person. So Martin is determined to do it, and teach me how (as he is with every hobby I acquire, isnt he the sweetest). I might just make him pre wire wrap all my stuff before he leaves for boot camp LOL. No, that would be mean... but I mean he is gonna be gone for six months. Might as well help me somehow LOL!

I did manage to make the Hello Kitty necklace I had in mind for awhile now.



I have two of these up for sale. $18 each =).

My fall collection isnt going so smoothly, I've been too caught up in the Disney one to think of anything else (sorry Fall)! But I am trying to put together some Fall earrings and a few more necklaces. I found the first one I made to be too distracting. I'm going to change it up a little bit. And maybe make something a little more simple. But it does look really nice when you're wearing it!

I've been putting some thought into what I want my jewelry to look like. I love the crystals because I'm addicted to colors and things that shine but I want something that reflects who I am and something that you could relate to. See, this is why I dont make stuff because everything has to be so damn epic with me all the time! Haha. But what fun would things be with no story, right?

Christmas isnt exactly my favorite holiday. I have a love/hate thing going on with it so I wont be coming up with any Christmas stuff. But winter is also one of my favorite seasons so I will be coming up with a few winter inspired things. We'll see...

6 comments:

Clueless_Mama said...

I wish I was this talented:( Very cute Hello Kitty necklace!!

ectini said...

Can't wait to see what you made :D

M. said...

hey girl, of course i'll send you a invite. :) thanks for subbing! just wanted to say your creations are amazing! you are so talented. good luck with you and your bf. basic is tough but just remain strong for him. :)

Unknown said...

I'm looking forward to seeing more!

Unknown said...

It's definitely hard to find time. I'm going to be taking 2 lab classes (3-4 hours each) next quarter, plus 2 other engineering classes. I honestly don't know how I'll pull it off. But... you know, exercise builds over time, so you don't have to dedicate a lot of time to something at once. Every bit counts. Have you seen Tony Horton's 10 minute workouts? I've started doing those, too. It totally breaks me down, rips me apart, lol. Super intense 10 min. Let me know if you're interested in seeing any of them! I have them on my computer =)

aileen said...

Hi Marie!
You wasked if I used wire or thread to string my lastest collection. I used wire, stainless steel with nylon coating, the wire is pretty soft. I studied for a while before I did those necklaces. I think wire lasts longer than tread, specially when with the crimp beads. :)